Friday, May 13, 2011

Wildflower Gardens in Bucks and a Little bit a Doylestown







There is something about working the soil that makes me happy.  I like growing edibles and adding outdoor spring color with showy shrubs and flowers.  I get a kick out of garden dodads.  I have my favorite tools and work hard at keeping my beds tidy.  What a difference in the Wildflower gardens we visited in Doylestown.   As members of the Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve Patti and I, along with other members, were invited to tour the wildflower gardens of two other members.  Dave had his property full and was offering up some of his potted plants and probably would have allowed us to take some of his frogs.  Elizabeth's wildflower collection was a little more spread out between her home and the wooded area behind.  The tours finished up just in time to make a movie at the County Theater, have a light dinner at Chambers and still get home before dark.  Now thats a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment