Monday, November 21, 2011

So Much to Learn at the Preserve








It seems to me that the BHWFP is a wonderful place to be at any time of the year.  However, it is hard to identify all that is there.  Im going out on a limb here and taking some educated guesses.  Surely that first pic is a Maple and Im going with Sugar Maple.  American Holly in the background and Im going way out on a limb (hahahah) and saying that is MountainWinterberry in the forground.  I have no recollection of what that bark is but I can tell you the tree has been killed by a woodpecker who has pecked holes going around and around and around the trunk making a fantastic pattern.  TREE FUNGI.  That bridge is just wonderful and stoney and oh so easy to identify: BRIDGE.  The Sycamores are stunning.  I thought that  fine cluster of keys might be an American Hornbeam but the more I look at it the more I have no idea.  How am I ever going to learn all the trees?

1 comment:

  1. I can't come close to naming the tree in photo number six, but I want to know where or how you managed to get it into desert camo?

    ReplyDelete