Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Delaware Chews at Rats










 
Always a great day at the Grounds for Sculpture and even better when we throw worry and care to the wind and splurge at RATS.  With good friend and companion Kathy we took our seats and starting our giggling as soon as we met our young waiter Joe.  Kathy asked for a straw and I was so dumbfounded when it came out all fancy that I had to ask for one too just so I could get the image.  We shared a Duck Confite which was so delicious we could have ordered another.  A tart shell of Phylo, a slathering of brie, squash and duck and if I new exactly what else I might have to try to make it at home. It was that yummy.  We also shared a special shrimp salad sandwich on a hearty grain bread which came with a delightful potato salad, that was also just right and the sharing made our portions perfect.   We went one step further.  I had a special coffee while Kathy enjoyed a Lemon Tapioca dessert.

Of course after all that good food it was a requirement to stroll the grounds and take in the gardens and sculptures.  THANK YOU KATHY FOR INVITING ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment