Friday, April 5, 2013

Dont Let the Weatherman Fool Ya

My sister and I planned a day in New York today but instead went yesterday since there was a call for rain today.  Allow me to inform you that it looks like an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL DAY is dawning.  Yesterday was pretty nice too. We took the train from Hamilton to Penn Station and from there walked up to the Theatre district in hopes of getting tickets for Motown...that was a failed mission and instead I got tickets for ONCE!...Oh I'll be looking forward to another day in NYC in May. YAY!

 
You never know what you are going to see on the streets of NYC.

 
The Metropolitan Museum of Art never disappoints but sometimes overwhelms.  It is one of the 3 biggest Museums in the United States and without the service of the many employees who are there to assist I could see myself getting lost for days in there. 
Our primary interest was the Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity, ending May 27th.  Of course no pictures allowed inside the special exhibits but for the permanent collections cameras are allowed.
 
 
 
This thing was HUGE
 
 
a little closer ok a lot closer
 
 
The Metropolitan Museum is under fire right now by a group of folks who are filing a complaint accusing the MET of trying to dupe it's guests into paying a full rate of  $25 when addmission is up to the visitor. It really is worth it if you spend a full day there and dont make any other purchases to support the museum. I generally pay a little less than full admission, pay for a guided tour on headset,  and make a purchase in one of the shops.  Now I cant stop thinking about that cute little straw boating hat or the little black lacy one I tried on.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment