Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nudity and Feathers





Yesterday was a most beautiful and comfortable day in January for strolling the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.  There have been some new installations since my last visit and I was surprised that so many were NUDE.  I had a few good giggles over it, especially the girl in the shower who sings when you get near.  Ok, I was also giggling when I looked up to see the girl naked on a swing high above our heads.  Truth be told I was giggling at the dancers on the hill too.  I guess I was giggling all day with my good friend Kathy.

We CHEWED at the Peacock Cafe inside the Domestic Arts Building.  We both had the Butternut Squash Soup which I enjoyed but Kathy felt was a little too sweet for her liking.  My grilled ham and brie sandwich was yummy.  Kathy enjoyed her roasted chicken sandwich.  Good fare at a reasonable price served  cafeteria style.  A great spot to enjoy a mid day break, refuel and be able to quickly get back on the grounds to see all that is there including those covered in feathers.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely framed shots of our local, fabulously landscaped Grounds for Sculpture. Loved the giggling nod to your good friend.

    ReplyDelete