Saturday, September 7, 2013

London Fun 1

We left from Newark Airport on the most delightful night.  The air was cool and crisp and the blue sky turned dark slowly with a golden sunset keeping the light from fading completely for a long while.  Everything went very smoothly.  We slept most of the way. 
 
Six and 1/2 hours later we arrived at Heathrow at 10am, local time.  There was a steady light rain falling for the majority of our ride to the Premier Inn County Hall in Central London.  Our location really is great.  With lots to do in the immediate vicinity and easy walking to many sights. 
We put on our rain coats and figured it might be a good time to explore Waterloo Station.
 
 
 
I really liked the lines here...we were sitting on the second level looking out at the trains coming and going.
 
 
 
Eventually the sun came out and we were able to take a nice leisurely walk along the Thames.


 
This guy was doing a little comedic magic show.  When he saw me with my camera he dropped from a stand and posed for me just like this...he was pretty funny.  Ultimately he managed to get someone to give up a cell phone for his trick.  I watched him get that cell phone INSIDE the balloon.   He graciously accepted my US dollar.  The exchange rate is so bad for us here that we pay about $1.60 for one pound.  Still he was happy.

 
I was trying to stay up as long as possible so after a little rest time in our room I came back out for some night shots.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment