Friday, December 6, 2013

Foodie Friday Home Made Granolanan

I have been on a mission....it has to do with the SCALE...so there you have it.
I'm counting calories and steps.
Granola is expensive and at the Whole Earth Center in Princeton
where I purchased my last batch there is no bar code to scan.
I'm loving  the "Lose It" app on my I phone and can create my own recipes with a calorie count but I need the BAR CODE.
 
Granolanan
 
 
Here is the recipe and one of my tricks to make life easy.
 
 
 
Mix  in large bowl
3 cups oats
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
 
In small bowl blend
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
 
Pour over oats and mix well
 
Spread thin on a cookie sheet lined with one of those liners
 
Bake at 350 45 minutes or until golden brown
Let cool and separate if necessary.
 
1/2 to 1 cup of chopped pecans can be added at this time.
 
Simply lift silicone baking sheet from pan, fold, and pour into large Mason Jar...
store with cereals
 
 
1/2 cup serving is so delicious with an equal amount of vanilla yogurt, and comes in at about 350 calories but will keep you satisfied for a long while...add a handful of blueberries at hardly any calories at all for one of your daily fruits.
 
Ill be back with revisions of this one I'm sure...I want to try it with some ground flax and maple syrup substitute for some of the honey.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment