Friday, February 14, 2014

Delaware Chews on Foodie Friday

I really enjoy my regular visits to the Washington Crossing Inn.  It is close to home and most lovely when the weather is fine and we can enjoy the outside bar.  This winter has been a killer with lots and lots of snow and one power outage so far making it just as nice to go down the street and hang out for a bit at the inside bar.  To celebrate a birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON, we had dinner there this past week.   For $15.00 hubby and I shared a filet sandwich, one of my favorites on the Tavern Menu.   Birthday Boy ordered a 10oz steak for $44.00 (4.40 an oz). Pennington Market sells Angus Filets for $29 per pound (1.81 an oz).   Now granted it doesn't come with the ambiance, but truth is I could not eat that much meat. 
 
 
 
Proved no problem for the Birthday Boy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment