Friday, February 28, 2014

Delaware Chews Salmonanny

NO NO NO...Not Salmonella...
 
 
For some with age comes high Cholesterol.  Doc prescribed giant fish oil pills, and some other stuff  that you need a prescription for.   I decided to just eat the Omega 3's in its natural form in a piece of Salmon.  Once a week is my goal.  I like the Sockeye best but need to flavor it up some.  By now you should know I like it easy and I have found nothing as easy and tasty as this so far.
 
SALMONANNY
 
 
 
 
I picked up the Char Crust at the local market and have used it several times and there is plenty left for more.
 
 
This is so simple.  Preheat your oven to 350.  Cover your broiler pan with aluminum foil. Portion out your salmon per person with the skin still on and down. Just sprinkle the herb mix on top.  Bake for 15-20 minutes for medium rare to well done.  I like it at about 18 minutes.
Seems to me that Asparagus goes so well with this and the timing is easy and perfect.  So I almost always make this combination. 
 
 
 
I place the asparagus in a sauté pan with a little water, pat of butter, and a sprinkle of Crazy Jane's.  I bring the water to a simmer, and by the time the fish is finished 
with a toss or two the asparagus has a nice tasty glaze.  If you need more food  put a potato in the microwave when you have 8 minutes left on your timer.
 
If you delicately move your spatula between the meat of the fish and the skin, the skin will stick to the aluminum and honestly you can just lift the skinned fish.  Later I just remove the aluminum and don't even have to wash the broiler pan.
 
Sadly on this evening all our plates where in the dishwasher so all you get of the finished product is on a paper plate.  OY
 
No worries...It tastes just as good on China as it does on China paper plates.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment