Saturday, May 19, 2012

Israel Day 11













I am still trying to get caught up since going to Jordan...so really this is yesterday which would be Friday because today is Saturday...which I hope to show you later.  Hope it wont be too much to get two posts from me in one day.  It is very quiet on Saturdays because they take the Sabbath very seriously here. 

We stayed close to the apartment yesterday walking down to the sea in the morning for our breakfast.  We watched men fish with rods and fish with nets and look who made the catch.  I watched this bird for quite a while and then my breakfast was served so I put the camera away and then I wish I didn't because he finally flipped that fish into positition and in three gulps swallowed it down before I could get the camera out of the bag.  DANG.

You dont have to go to a museum around here to see the art.  These paintings were on the walls all around the Jaffa Port area.  We saw the artists on cranes working on some.  The last is a poster which for my friends back home I thought was a riot since we have SHADFEST art and here you see a  BASSFAST poster.  There were a lot more inside a building mostly advertisements and mostly in Hebrew so some were hard to figure out.

Back in the apartment for a midday rest. Furman said he could here music and went out to the balcony.  He called to me to show me that across the way on a  rooftop was a wedding.  I couldn't resist although it was far and I was zoomed out all the way...you can just about make out the bride under the Chupa.

We strolled back out to wander the streets a bit and catch another sunset and then grabbed some yummies from the bakery that were heated up just right in the brick stove to take back to the apartment and eat.

To my UHH friends...thank you so much for watching and commenting..
Ruthy, Im glad you are enjoying the adventure with me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow..all these pix are great..really seeing the murals and fishermen and the bird too... looks like a big fish for such a little bird!!! can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those murals are something! I don't think we have anything like that around here. In fact, I think it is illegal here. Don't they call it graffiti?

    ReplyDelete