Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Foils, Foibles and Follies of MaraBella and Me

I sit here almost every morning on the soft grey leather couch to catch the morning news and prepare my posts, and even play a few games of Words With Friends, if time allows.  Next to me on the old pink and grey Mexican blanket lies MaraBella.  Unless of course she is driving me crazy or sitting on the back of the couch looking out the window as she is right now...dang cat.
From the time I brought her home, I noticed that she had a distinct odor that smelled familiar but I just seemed unable to identify it.  It wasn't horrible but it wasn't completely pleasant.  It wasn't puppy smell, and for days I found it frustrating that I was unable to identify this familiar smell.  Like trying to say a word that you know and it just wont pop into your head.  It finally became clear during a web search. Corn Chips...and guess what?  It even has a name FRITO FEET.  That just cracked me up because I never noticed it with any other dog.  I think MaraBella was a bit anxious upon arrival and was nervous and sweating through her feet.  She is much more relaxed now and I have to say I don't smell it as profusely as I did when she first arrived...or perhaps, I've grown accustom to her smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment