Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Foils, Foibles and Follies of MaraBella and Me

Hard to believe MaraBella has only been with us for 3 short months.  She is really part of the family now. Lying next to me she is giving off little yips, woofs and yaps in her sleep.  She cracks me up.   Her adjustment has been amazing, although not without glitches....needless to say she still needs lots of work, as do I.  This morning I took her for a long walk with little bits of hotdogs in my pocket.  I wanted to bring her to the vets office for no other reason then to get her in the door without having to drag her as I did that very first time.  Plus, I was out of dog treats and thought I might pick some up.  Dang it!  I still had to drag her and she was so anxious she wouldn't even take the hotdogs.
The kind folks at the Washington Crossing Animal Hospital did what they could to comfort her and she did warm up to them and enjoyed their stroking her.

Our experience at the Golden Grange Kennels in Chesterfield has been wonderful and I am really sad that Obedience II is on Wednesday nights at 8:30.  That means Furman, who wakes at 4am, wont go and I wouldn't get home until after 10pm.  Going to have to look for something else because I really want to keep up with her training.  IT HAS MADE A TREMONDOUS DIFFERENCE.  MaraBella is one smart dog and I need the classes to remain smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment