Friday, January 31, 2014

Foodie Friday Bring on the Turkey OOPS I mean Brining the Turkey

Did I already tell you this?  I need to keep better track of things now that I'm going in some sort of order.  Almost a whole month and I pretty much stuck to a plan.  That's a big WOW!
 
Monday Delaware Hues of Red
Tuesday Delaware Clues or just Common Cents
Wednesday Delaware Views Anew
Thursday Delaware News
Friday Delaware Chews or Foodie Friday
Everyone needs a rest
Sunday Funday
 
Turkey Tendernan Roast
 
1-2 pound Boneless Turkey Breast
 
 
4 cups water divided
1/3 cup salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 c apple Cider Vinegar
1tsp each dried, sage, rosemary, thyme, & parsley
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup ice
 
Dissolve sugar and salt in 1 1/2 cups water.
Add remaining ingredients cooling with the ice.
Place Turkey in deep container or ziplock bag.
I do all this in the morning.
An hour before dinner rinse the turkey.
 
Remove Turkey from brine and rinse. Slather with oil and the same proportions of herbs as above.
Bake at 350 20 minutes per pound.  Test for doneness.
 
I like to mix my herbs up a batch at a time in a mortar and pestle and store in glass jars.  This way I can just spill out a tablespoon or so in the brine or in my palm with oil to rub my meat before roasting.

 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment