Thursday, January 2, 2014

Olympia Omde

I cant say enough about the Olympus OM-D EM5, from here on in referred to as Olympia Omde.  Up until now I can't say any camera I ever owned has stood up to my Vivitar, but Olympia is working her way in to my heart.  Light and compact and now that I have a new 35-100mm f2.8 lens she is even more fun to hang out with.  I haven't tried the filters that the lens came with yet.  Ill let you know when I do.
 
I do have one minor issue with her.  She is like a little kid who constantly looses her glasses. The eye cup has a tendency to pop off and disappear.  I was lucky when my hubby found one on my car seat.  A very nice lady picked one up off the floor of a craft show I was visiting and returned it to me. It has been suggested  that I glue one on but I cant imagine crazy gluing it to the camera body. I ordered 2 from Adorama at 9.99 a piece.  Then I got two emails in as many weeks saying they were on backorder.  So I ordered ONE from B&H.  Now wouldn't you just know it.  As soon as I did, I got an email from Adorama saying theirs were on their way.  Guess I wont have to worry to much about loosing one for a while.
 
In addition to the eye cup that has two itty bitty teeny parts, not shown because I was scared to remove them there are also three small parts associated with the flash.  One little piece comes off the flash when it is in use and 2 even smaller pieces come off the camera when the flash is in use.  I cant believe I haven't lost one of them yet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment