Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Delaware Issues Common Cents

Everybody has a little spot of sunshine somewhere.  It could be in a backyard garden, a flower pot, or even on a window sill.  Herbs are some of the easiest things to grow.  I have fresh parsley, thyme, sage, and cayenne pepper, along with some others, growing all summer long.   I get little potted plants in the beginning of the growing season and transplant them into large pots or directly in the ground. I like to keep the parsley in a pot by the back door so I can grab a few leaves after a meal to freshen my breath.  At the end of the season or during, if a particular plant is abundant, I bunch them up and hang them to dry.  For just a few dollars each, I can have fresh herbs all summer long, dried herbs throughout the winter, and I can mix them up to my taste for almost any recipe I wish to make.  Maybe Ill share with you some of these concoctions on Foodie Friday.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment