Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Foils, Foibles and Follies of MaraBella and ME

I know these are not the very best images but MaraBella is fast like lightning and strong willed too.  And all I had was a cell phone.
A few days ago she got away from me in a nearby field and came home quite sick.  SCARY SICK.  We were not sure what she ate that made her so sick and fearing the worst we googled dogs and MUSHROOMS..BEWARE dogs can die from eating certain types of ground mushrooms.  Well she did indeed recover.  The next day I thought I would let her loose and track her to see WHAT was it that made her ill.  I followed her with her leash dragging all the way to a skeleton of a deer.  As you can see she was faster than me and with her prize ran right past me.   
 
She kept on running until she reached the end of the field at which point she stopped and looked back at me.  I gave it my best and turned around and ran in the other direction with the last hope that she would follow.  But when I turned toward her she was GONE.  I had no choice but to walk home alone.  When I got there, she was happily gnawing this skull in the back yard.

 
I was happy to see her and glad she ran home...so what was I to do?  I let her chew on her prize for just a bit longer before I took it away and tossed it in the trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment